What to See in the Area
- Tournon-sur-Rhône and its 15th and 16th-century Castle-Museum (one of the most beautiful castles in Ardèche, a place paying tribute to the Counts of Tournon and where fine art collections are exhibited)
- A cruise organised by Compagnie des Canotiers on the Rhône river from Tournon, for 1 hour or more, on foot or with your bike on board
- Tain l'Hermitage and the Citée du Chocolat VALRHONA (11km)
- The Train de l'Ardèche and its breathtaking landscape in the narrow Gorges of the Doux
- The Vélorail to pedal down the Gorges of the Doux on the old railway tracks, in the heart of unspoilt nature (12 km)
- PEAUGRES Zoo and Safari, the largest animal park in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, with more than 1000 animals and 130 species, spread across 80 hectares north of Annonay (45 km)
- The Palais Idéal du Facteur Cheval in Hauterives (Drôme), a masterpiece of naive architecture and art, built by Factor Cheval between 1879 and 1912. Listed as a historical monument in 1969 (40 km)
- Romans sur Isère and its factory shops... and the International Shoe Museum (35 km)
- The Tour de Crest, the highest keep in France and a state prison
- A visit to Lyon, the City of Lights, 1h away by train
- The Jardin des Trains Ardéchois in Soyons: the miniature trains run through replicas of the Ardèche landscapes, such as the famous Pont d'Arc, Mont Gerbier de Jonc, Cascade du Ray Pic, Château de Crussol
- Ardelaine to learn about wool transformation and processing (40 km)
Walks and hikes:
- Several trails starting from Ferme de Simondon: There are many trails, which you can either do on foot or by bike near the famous GR 42!
- Recommended hikes: Les balcons du Rhône, a 22 km loop passing through Plats and Mauves, starting from Glun and returning to Glun.
- Le Serre du Puy, a loop of almost 9 km, starting and finishing in Plats. This walk will take you through some beautiful landscapes.
- From Vocance to Plats, a 3-day walk to cover a section of the GR42, etc.
- All the official hiking trails in the area can be found on the Rando Ardeche Hermitage website or free app (maps and topoguides can be downloaded, the app can be used offline, you can filter by activities or destination, etc.)
- Near the walking, cycling and horse riding circuits of the Dolce Via (90 km of fully safe and well-maintained paths on the mountainside, overlooking the Eyrieux Valley or following the river Sumène which meets the Doux Valley, between Saint-Agrève, Lamastre and La Voûlte sur Rhône)
- Close to the Ardéchoise cycling circuits, the most important cycling event held every year in June (2021 edition scheduled from 16 to 19 June) and bringing together nearly 15,000 cyclists: Europe's leading cycling event on mountain roads!
- 8 km from the VIARHONA, an 815 km cycling route from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean
- 1h20 from the fabulous VERCORS massif!
Nature and sports activities:
- the Besorgues canyon centre (Canyons, zipline, abseiling and climbing, Via Ferrata, caving...), between Privas and Aubenas
- the Accroforest park in Peyrins ( tree climbing, laser game...), near Romans
- Le Monde de Merlin: aquapark and outdoor games near Valence
- Horse riding at the Ecuries de Bressieux in Saint Romain de Lerps
- For motorsport enthusiasts: La Roche de Glun's karting
- Visit Pierrelatte's Ferme aux Crocodiles (97 km). It is home to crocodiles, tortoises, snakes, lizards, birds, fish and plants
- Eric Borja's Zen Garden in Beaumont Monteux (20 km)
Gourmet treats for the taste buds with local Ardèche specialities:
- Charcuterie, caillettes, Picodon goat cheese, crique, ravioles, chestnut and its secondary products (chestnut cream, marrons glacés, etc.), Pogne de Romans and St Genix (brioches), etc.
- The wine cellars of SAINT-JOSEPH, CROZES HERMITAGE, CORNAS, CONDRIEU or SAINT PERAY
- The Alambic museum in Saint Desirat (30 min)
- The Palais des Bonbons, du Nougat et des Souvenirs (Palace of Sweets, Nougat and Souvenirs) in Montélimar (70 km)
If you wish to travel further, we recommend visiting the following websites:
- The Ardèche Hermitage Tourist Office featuring the Treasure Hunts around Tain, Tournon, Saint Donat sur l'Herbasse, la Roche de Glun and Saint Félicien, and the hiking trails in the area
- Ardèche Tourisme: visit the Tourist Development Agency's website (ADT), your guide to the whole of Ardèche!
- Tourism in the Drôme: visit the website